Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fruitvale Village


My experience at Fruitvale was much better than Walnut Creek. It was because we already knew the community in the Fruitvale village. In Fruitvale village I noticed that the majority of people who had their business were Latinos. In Fruitvale village there is no new variety of food it is mostly Mexican and the only different restaurant was the new Japanese restaurant. Here in Fruitvale there is no new food to try since the majority of people go to fast food. In Walnut Creek there are different foods to try from. For me the interviews went well because I felt much comfortable having the interviews in Spanish and I felt that I could easily talk to the people in Fruitvale. When we interviewed a security guard something that stood out was it was the community who wanted a change and now it is fewer problems. The negative aspect is that there is trash around the streets since there are not a lot of trash cans around. Many of the people we interviewed said that the reason why they work there is because they need a job to survive and it is their need to help their family.

No comments: