Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Walnut Creek


Before going to Walnut Creek I didn’t know anything about where it was or how it looked. It was going to be a place where I didn’t have any idea about. When we arrived at Walnut Creek it was different than Oakland. Walnut Creek was much cleaner, had plenty of trees, and a free bus ride. I noticed that there was barely any liquor stores around the area. Some of the things that Walnut Creek has it can something Oakland could have. I think that Walnut Creek it not diverse as Oakland. There were barely African Americans, and I didn’t see any Latino’s. When it comes to the food in Walnut Creek it is fresh and natural to make. Walnut Creek does not have any taco trucks or diverse food. There was sushi, Korean, France, and much more, but none were familiar to me. I tried something new at Crepes restaurant it is originated from France they are like thin pancakes and you got to choose what you wanted inside. It is good to try something new this type of food we don’t have it at Oakland.
My topic for the interview was food we explored different places about food. I felt that in some places the owners were rude because in one occasion we entered an old fashioned restaurant. There we were talking to a customer if we could interview her and she said it was fine. The owner came and told us “you cannot be coming in and interrupting our costumers.” I felt like because we were different they were treating us like because of us they would lose their customers.
From my perspective I think that Walnut Creek does not have any similarities. I have lived in Oakland for already seventeen years and don’t see the similarities Walnut Creek is different in people, air, and cleanest.

No comments: